The Pastoral Team at Abbey Park School consists of:
- 2 non-teaching Head of Key Stage (KS3 & KS4)
- Primary Liaison/Transition Manager (Year 6 & Year 7)
- 5 x Pastoral Support Assistants
- School Counsellor
Heads of Key Stage are continually monitoring student data and identifying any relevant pastoral support required throughout the year. As each of our Heads of Key Stage & Pastoral Support Assistants are non-teaching it allows them to take parent calls and hold meetings throughout the school day.
The work/support carried out on a daily basis by the team is tailored to suit individual students to allow them to achieve to the best of their ability and overcome any barriers to learning that may be present.
We strongly believe in a multi-agency approach when working with identified students. We are fortunate to have access to the following agencies:
- Locality School Nurse
- Youth Engagements Workers
- Police (Neighbourhood Policing & Specialist Departments)
- Education Welfare Officer
- On Trak - Counselling
- MASH - Multi agency safeguarding hub
If you wish to discuss anything in relation to Pastoral Support for your child, please contact their tutor.
External support including websites are also available in the resources section below.